As I mentioned in my last post I've been using Google Reader for three months now to manage and read many blog postings. I thought I'd share some of the lessons I've learned. Following blogs in the eLearning industry is useful...
- ...to get up to date on new technologies
- ...to learn how technologies are applied
- ...to learn industry terminology
- ...to network with others in industry
- ...to find people with similar backgrounds as me
I have also learned more about how learners (employees) might use RSS in the workplace and I've learned the dangers of information overload. I'll be able to use this knowledge as my organization goes forward with eLearning initiatives. I'll be able to better guide learners on the difference between personal and professional blogs and how to best manage several feeds at once.